ASSIGNMENT 14: WHAT'S A READER REPORT?
A History of Transmedia Entertainment by Derek Johnson,
Today, you are going to put together your first Reader Report, using the text on the left. For the next class, you'll work with a text of your own choosing, drawn from your personalized working bibliography.
For now, using the text on the left:
1. In a few sentences, please tell us: What questions is the author of this text trying to address for his readers?
2. What answers does the writer provide to the questions that interest you?
3. Of those questions and answers, which ones are particularly germane to your interests? Why?
4.Are there any critical vocabulary terms or catch phrases the writer uses? What are they?
5.Are there any critical examples or case studies the writer uses? What are they?
6. Any statistics/images/charts/maps you want to remember for your own work?
7. Are there any lingering questions you find yourself with after reading this text? Material that feels unclear, still? Points of view , geographical, or historical perspectives that you need to engage with in your work that this writer doesn't quite get at in the material you have read?